Wednesday, April 11, 2012

N-S Transect

Tolleston Shoreline 169th St and Indianapolis Blvd
                                            Image from  Google Earth
Calumet Shoreline at U.S 41 and Ridge Rd.








Glenwood Shoreline and Tinley Moraine at U.S 41 and Rt 30.

Valparaiso Moraine at U.S 41 and  Rt 231

Kankakee Outwash Plain at Indiana 49 and Rt 30.

Well living in Hammond I went down 169th St until i got to Indianapolis Blvd which would be the Tolleston Shoreline. Next I continued down US 41 until I reached Ridge Rd. When I reached Ridge Rd I knew I reached the Calumet Shoreline. I then kept going down US. 41 until I came to Rt 30. Upon reaching Rt 30 you see the raise in elevation. When reaching Rt 30 I know i reached the Glenwood Shorline. Upon crossing Rt 30 you cross onto the Tinley Moraine. I continued my way down US 41 until I reached Rt 231 which is part of the Valparaiso Moraine. I then went back to Rt 30 and took that to Valparaiso. I landed up at Indiana 49. This intersection is part of the Kankakee Outwash Plain. I took 49 back to 94 until I landed back at home in Hammond.


All images are from Google Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment